Tchaikovsky
www.tchaikovsky-research.net

Home > Forum > Piano reduction of the Tema con Variazioni of Suite No. 3, Op. 53

Piano reduction of the Tema con Variazioni of Suite No. 3, Op. 53

I remember playing a commerciallly available piano transcription of the last movement of the Suite No. 3 in G major some years ago, and would now like to find it again, but I can't see any trace of it in my web searches. Does anyone know who published it, and whether it is still available somewhere?

Jonathan Still
Royal Academy of Dance, London

I remember borrowing a piano solo reduction of the complete Suite No. 3, op 53 in the early 1950's from the Music Library in New York, now Library of Performing Arts. Even then it was a tattered version and from what i can remember the Jurgenson version pre revolution. I know that the Soviet State took over Jurgenson and continued to republish its repertory. I dont know if Jurgenson (under the Soviet imprimitur) is still being published or not. Maybe someone can help you.

There is however a four hand version printed by Kalmus Publishing I believe if that may interest you.

Albert Gasparo

This discussion is closed and has been archived, but you are welcome to try our new forum at:

http://forum.tchaikovsky-research.net

This page was last updated on 05 November 2013