Tchaikovsky
www.tchaikovsky-research.net

Home > Forum > Research Questions

Research Questions

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Cadra McDaniel, and I am a Ph.D. student at Mississippi State University. I am conducting research involving the Soviet reception and interpretation of Tchaikovsky's works, particularly Swan Lake. Having used my university's inter library loan network as well as my own research using World Catalog and the internet, I have been unable to locate a copy of the following sources even though I have seen these sources cited in other works and databases:

• Yu. Slonimsky, Lebedinoye Ozero P. Chaykovskogo (Tchaikosvksy's Swan Lake)
  • A. Ostretsov, Pyotr Il'ich Chaykovsky: sotsialisticheskaya i muzkal'naya kharakteristika
  • A. Demidov, Lebedinoye ozero (Swan Lake)

Any help you could provide in locating a copy of these sources would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Cadra McDaniel

Dear Cadra, Iurii Slonimskii and Aleksandr Demidov’s books are available through WorldCat and Interlibrary loan services. My advice to you, please spell the Russian names and titles according to the Library of Congress rules. Ostretsov’s booklet is also available, the only copy I was able to find is located in the Library of Congress in Washington.

Alexander Poznansky

Dear Alexander Poznansky

Thank you so much for your reply. I am in the process of obtaining these sources, and I am in contact with the Library of Congress. Should this paper be published or become a part of my dissertation, I will certainly acknowledge your kind assistance.

Best regards,

Cadra McDaniel

This discussion is closed and has been archived, but you are welcome to try our new forum at:

http://forum.tchaikovsky-research.net

Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external web-sites

This page was last updated on 05 November 2013