Tchaikovsky
www.tchaikovsky-research.net

Home > Forum > Help Needed

Help Needed

Hello,

I have been observing the forum on your website for some time now. And through this e-mail, I hope to receive an answer to my question.

A Tchaikovsky admirer myself, I'm wanting to peruse more of Tchaikovsky's pictures. With your knowledge, I await for a recommendation on a book which contains many images of

Tchaikovsky and anything related to him. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Hafiz Zainal

TCHAIKOVSKY By John Warrack 1973 W/DJ Scribner Sons - eBay (item 370312285406 end time Sep-23-10 18:09:40 PDT)

Hello Hafiz,

In regards to your interest in books containing illustrations of the composer and his contemporaries the above by John Warrack is my favorite...it also features many colored photos of his museum and surroundings...and other aspects of his life....and so I believe it is the best of the illustrated biographies that have come my way...the book was first published in 1973 and has long been out of print....the price on this one is modest....

Over the years there have been several profusely illustrated bios of his life but I have not seen them around lately....if I am able to come across them I will post them....

Regards,

Albert Gasparo

Amazon.com: The Tchaikovsky Handbook: A Guide to the Man and His Music, Volume 1: Thematic Catalogue of Works, Catalogue of Photographs

This weighty tome contains all of Tchaikovsky's 127 photos...plus a lot more....the price is affordable for Tchaikovsky lovers....

Albert Gasparo

I am a little confused.
The image for Amazon.com: The Tchaikovsky Handbook: A Guide to the Man and His Music, Volume 1: Thematic Catalogue of Works, Catalogue of Photographs is of Volume 2: Catalogue of Letters, Genealogy & Bibliography.

Is this the correct one for Volume 1?
http://www.amazon.com/Tchaikovsky-Handbook-Thematic-Catalogue-Works/dp/0253339219/ref=sip_rech_dp_10

Hafiz Zainal

Hafiz

Along with the "Tchaikovsky Handbook" already mentioned you might like to try a Russian publication the also has English text and can be found at www.Abebooks.co.uk

Tchaikovsky 1840-1893. 2 Volumes in slipcase. ISBN 5714001370.

Hope this helps as it contains many photos of Tchaikovsky and a lot of related ones.

Good Luck

Steve Floyd

The Tchaikovsky Handbook: A Guide to the Man and His Music / Indiana University Press

Hello Hafiz,

You were right in questioning the image of the one I sent you....the image on the one you brought forward is the correct one...you can verify it by its publisher above, Indiana University Press....

I would also like to add that the Warrack book is beautifully illustrated....The Tchaikovsky Handbook Vol. 1 only features Tchaikovsky's photos but none of his friends and people he knew...but lots of other information such as a catalogue of his works etc...

Glad to be of help...

Albert Gasparo

This discussion is closed and has been archived, but you are welcome to try our new forum at:

http://forum.tchaikovsky-research.net

This page was last updated on 05 November 2013