Tchaikovsky
www.tchaikovsky-research.net

Home > Forum > Patchwork Maid of Orleans (Reaction to the Dearth of Recordings complaint about Tchaikovsky's Opera)

Patchwork Maid of Orleans (Reaction to the Dearth of Recordings complaint about Tchaikovsky's Opera)

I transferred the Arkipova to CD but was not terribly pleased with the sound. I was almost completely satisfied with my transfer to CD of the DVD performance with Nina Rautio and company. Of course there are the cuts. So I preserved the "Rautio" as much as possible, stuck in other recordings of the Dances which I was completely annoyed to find were missing in the DVD. I needed just one little dance from the "Arkipova" as the rest were recorded in more opulent sound, the little one I included was not found on the modern CD. (with Sir Colon Davis) I used the "Arkipova" to fill in any cuts that I couldn't fill with a modern CD recording; including the extended organ riffs in the Coronation act.

I created a Frankenstein's Monster, but it is pretty satisfactory. Some of the music is just hauntingly beautiful, especially all references to the music sung to Joan by the Heavenly messenger

Joseph Ahern

This discussion is closed and has been archived, but you are welcome to try our new forum at:

http://forum.tchaikovsky-research.net

Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external web-sites

This page was last updated on 05 November 2013