Tchaikovsky
www.tchaikovsky-research.net

Home > Forum > Help me find a producer for my opera on the life of Tchaikovsky!

Help me find a producer for my opera on the life of Tchaikovsky!

To Whom It May Concern,

I have written a large, three-act romantic opera on the life of Tchaikovsky. It is written in a style not too dissimilar from that of the composer, himself.

Owing to my desire to see the opera produced as soon as is humanly possible, I have searched the internet for international composition competitions into which I might enter my work. Regrettably, I have very quickly discovered that most competitions call for relatively meagre musical forces. Competitions designed expressly for operatic compositions almost always call for scores consisting only of a piano part accompanied by a handful of other instruments, in addition to the vocal parts. This is NOT real opera!! Why is a full orchestration not permitted?

I applied for funding through the Australia Council for the Arts, but was unsuccessful in having my opera shortlisted for workshopping and performance. I can only assume that the scale of my work was considered prohibitively large.

I am completely bereft of business acumen, and have no idea of how to get my work out there.

I was wondering whether any of your forum contributors might know of someone who would be in a position to help me.

I have posted messages on youtube. You can find them by searching for "Tchaikovsky - Angel of Music".

I do hope someone can be of assistance, and look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind Regards,

Sean Peter Ross
18/09/2012 10:18

Does noone care about a new opera written on the subject of Tchaikovsky's life?

Sean Peter Ross
03/05/2013 07:37

This discussion is closed and has been archived, but you are welcome to try our new forum at:

http://forum.tchaikovsky-research.net

Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external web-sites

This page was last updated on 05 November 2013