Geneva (Genève) is the second-largest
city in Switzerland, and the administrative centre of the Republic and Canton
Tchaikovsky visited Geneva on several occasions:
- 16/28 July–17/29 July 1873 — travelling between Vevey
- late December 1875/early January 1876–3/15 January 1876 — staying with
his sister Aleksandra.
- around 7/19 October–10/22 October 1877 — travelling to Clarens with his brother Anatoly.
- 24 February/8 March–25 February/9 March 1878 — en route from Florence to Clarens.
- 17/29 January 1879 — on a day's outing from Clarens,
to attend a concert of works by Spohr, Spontini and Weber.
- 20 February/4 March–26 February/10 March 1889 — to rehearse and conduct
a concert at the New Theatre (25 February/9 March 1889), including the Serenade for String Orchestra
and the Suite No. 1.
Please note that we are not responsible for the content of other internet
This page was last updated on
15 February 2013