Tchaikovsky
www.tchaikovsky-research.net

Home > Forum > Translations

Translations

Does anyone know if any of these articles (mentioned in Grove) have been translated to english?:

1. A. Al'shvang : Opït analiza tvorchestva P.I. Chaykovskogo [An attempt to analyse Tchaikovsky's works] (Moscow and Leningrad, 1951)

2. M. Roytershteyn : O yedinstve sonatnogo tsikla P.I. Chaykovskogo [On the unity of Tchaikovsky's sonata cycle] (diss., Leningrad Conservatory, 1970)

3. V. Kostaryov : Stroyeniye i tematicheskiye razvitiye v sonatnïkh razrabotkakh proizvedeniy P.I. Chaykovskogo [Structure and thematic development in sonata development sections of Tchaikovsky] (diss., U. of Sverdlovsk, 1972)

4. Yu. Tyulin : Proizvedeniya Chaykovskogo: strukturnïy analiz [Tchaikovsky's compositions: a structural analysis] (Moscow, 1973)

5. F. Vitachek : Ocherki po iskusstvu orkestrovki XIX veka: istoricheskiy-stilisticheskiy analiz partitur Berlioza, Glinki, Vagnera, Chaykovskogo i Rimskogo-Korsakova [Essays in the art of orchestration in the 19th century: historico-stylistic analysis of the scores of Berlioz, Glinka, Wagner, Tchaikovsky and Rimsky-Korsakov] (Moscow, 1979)

6. N. Sin'kovskaya : O garmonii P.I. Chaykovskogo: ocherki [About Tchaikovsky's harmony: essays] (Moscow, 1983)

7. D. Arutyunov : Sochineyiya P.I. Chaykovskogo v kurse analiza muzïkal'nïkh proizvedeniy [Works of Tchaikovsky in a course in musical analysis] (Moscow, 1989)

Svein Hundsnes
University of Stavanger,
Norway

I'll translate them if someone can get them for me.

Gary Goldberg

I sent this list to a music professor, who responded as follows:

- A. Al'shvang : Opït analiza tvorchestva P.I. Chaykovskogo [An attempt to analyse Tchaikovsky's works] (Moscow and Leningrad, 1951)

**This book is at the Library of Congress.

M. Roytershteyn : O yedinstve sonatnogo tsikla P.I. Chaykovskogo [On the unity of Tchaikovsky's sonata cycle] (diss., Leningrad Conservatory, 1970)

- This is a dissertation, and would be available only in St. Petersburg, probably. There may be a short summary published separately, but I'll have to look farther afield for it.

V. Kostaryov : Stroyeniye i tematicheskiye razvitiye v sonatnïkh razrabotkakh proizvedeniy P.I. Chaykovskogo [Structure and thematic development in sonata development sections of Tchaikovsky] (diss., U. of Sverdlovsk, 1972)

- Same here; available only in Sverdlovsk.

- Yu. Tyulin : Proizvedeniya Chaykovskogo: strukturnïy analiz [Tchaikovsky's compositions: a structural analysis] (Moscow, 1973)

**Book; available at the Library of Congress.

- F. Vitachek : Ocherki po iskusstvu orkestrovki XIX veka: istoricheskiy-stilisticheskiy analiz partitur Berlioza, Glinki, Vagnera, Chaykovskogo i Rimskogo-Korsakova [Essays in the art of orchestration in the 19th century: historico-stylistic analysis of the scores of Berlioz, Glinka, Wagner, Tchaikovsky and Rimsky-Korsakov] (Moscow, 1979)

Book; in the mid-Atlantic area it's available at the University of Virginia.

- N. Sin'kovskaya : O garmonii P.I. Chaykovskogo: ocherki [About Tchaikovsky's harmony: essays] (Moscow, 1983)

**This one is available at the libraries of Stanford, Indiana University, and Cornell; you could get it through Inter-library Loan.

- D. Arutyunov : Sochineyiya P.I. Chaykovskogo v kurse analiza muzïkal'nïkh proizvedeniy [Works of Tchaikovsky in a course in musical analysis] (Moscow, 1989)

**Couldn't find this one

Gary Goldberg

This discussion is closed and has been archived, but you are welcome to try our new forum at:

http://forum.tchaikovsky-research.net

This page was last updated on 05 November 2013